At school, we have had some new play equipment installed that we can use at play times and at lunchtimes. It was brilliant and we had so much fun trying it out.
The AstroTurf (grass) is really soft and parts of the ground is made of recycled tyres. It is bouncy so it will protect us if we fall.
There are some rules that we need to follow to make sure that we stay safe on it.
- Be sensible on the equipment and use kind hands and feet.
- Tell an adult if something is wrong.
- Wear sensible shoes.
- No other equipment can be taken on it.
- It can only be used during the school day – not before or after school.
- Only children aged between 3 and 11 can use it.
- Have fun!
We are so looking forward to play times and lunchtimes!
What we have been learning:
- Climbing skills
- Balancing skills
- Taking turns
What you could do at home to support your child:
- Visit a local park with play equipment
- Play outside in the sunshine
- Play other games that you need to take turns with.