- Did you know that not everyone in the world is lucky enough to be able to go to school?
- Did you know that education is a universal human right for everyone?
- Did you know that over 262 million children across the world are not currently 8m school?
- The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is a global organisation working to ensure quality education for all children with members in over 90 countries.
- Here in the UK, thousands of schools and young people take part in the Send My friend campaign , teaching young people the importance of using their voices with others across the globe to create positive change.
In Y2, we looked at what our rights were as citizens of the UK and we looked how to we could try and ensure that other children across the world had chance to be as lucky as we are.
- We have the right to be educated
- We have the right to play and relax
- We have the right to play with other children
- We have the right to share our views and say what we think
- We have the right to a name
- We have the right to be warm
- We have the right to be safe and healthy, with quality healthcare, nutritious food and clean drinking water
- We have the right to believe what I chose and to practise my religion
Together, we wrote a song and learnt how to sing it to a song we already knew.
Here is a clip of us singing our finished song. We are sorry there are no pictures but please listen to the words we are singing.