This week, we had the most amazing opportunity to visit and stay at Whirlow Hall Farm on our first every residential. It might have been raining whilst we were there but that didn’t dampen our spirits and we had the most amazing time!
Here is just a little peek at some of the things that we got up to while we were there…
Getting excited on the minibus on the way there
Grooming the ponies
Grooming the rabbits and guinea pigs
Visiting the hen house and collecting eggs
And our favourite part of the whole trip was being able to have a pony ride on Ruby and Bonnie.
Pearl class would like to say a great big thank you to Whirlow Hall Farm and our 480 sponsor Best Solicitors for making this trip possible. We really have had the best time ever.
Just a reminder that Pearl class will be visiting Whirlow Hall Farm on their first residential on Monday 5th June and Tuesday 6th June.
Here is a reminder of what you will need:
- A small hold-all or rucksack
- 2 pairs of tracksuit bottoms
- Waterproof jacket/tracksuit tops
- 2 -3 t-shirts
- Sweater/hooded top for if it is cold during the day or night.
- Suntan cream and sun hat
- 2/3 pairs of underwear and socks
- Pyjamas/dressing gown and maybe slippers
- Indoor footwear (e.g. clean trainers or pumps)
- Wellies or boots for a muddy farmyard
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, shower gel/soap, shampoo
- Towel & large plastic bag for storing wet & dirty clothes.
- Teddy bear
- Spending money £2 max in a clearly labelled purse/wallet/envelope.
Keep your eyes peeled for lots of updates on our class blog to see all the fun and activities that we get up to on the farm, including pony riding, egg collecting, grooming animals and a farm tour to name just a few!
Thank you to our 480 scheme sponsor – Best Solicitors – for allowing us to take part on our first ever residential!
Click here to visit Whirlow Hall Farm website.